Worker’s Compensation Lawyers Serving Dodge City
Have a job-related injury? Get the benefits you need with an attorney
Some jobs can be physically taxing. Others are just naturally dangerous. But you don’t have to be a logger or work in construction to suffer a job-related injury or disability. Workplace accidents that result in injuries can happen to anyone in any kind of work. If you’ve suffered a job-related injury, knowing what to do next can quickly become overwhelming. But the workers’ compensation lawyers from our Dodge City law firm are here to help you.
Our attorneys have experience helping injured workers get the benefits they need and deserve. That’s why so many in Dodge City and throughout Kansas make the choice to let Bretz & Young handle their workers’ compensation claims. Learn how our law firm can help you. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Most employers in Kansas are required to have workers’ compensation insurance so employees who sustain job-related injuries can apply for and receive benefits while they recover. If you’ve suffered a workplace injury – even if it’s your first day on the job – you are covered under your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance and entitled to reasonable medical care to treat your injury. This can include everything from doctor visits and prescriptions to physical therapy and surgery. Other medical benefits you may be eligible for include:
- Hospital visits
- Medical supplies
- Nursing services
- Crutches and other medical apparatus
- Ambulance services
- Transportation reimbursement for traveling to and from doctor appointments (minimum 5-mile round trip)
Once an authorized physician releases you from care, you’ll likely receive a settlement offer from your employer’s insurance company. And that’s when things can start to get tricky. Your employer’s insurance company may try to downplay the severity of your injury and claim some of your treatments weren’t necessary. Or they may try to say that you could have returned to work earlier. Don’t let them push you around, and don’t settle for less than what you deserve. Our Dodge City workers’ compensation attorneys know how to advocate for your needs, and we can get you the benefits you’re entitled to.
Workers’ compensation in Kansas
There’s a lot of paperwork, deadlines, and regulations involved if you’re trying to get workers’ compensation benefits in Kansas. Some important things to keep in mind include:
- Employers with an estimated annual payroll of more than $20,000 are required to carry workers’ compensation insurance.
- Your worker’s compensation claim may be denied if you fail to notify your employer within 20 days of suffering a job-related injury or disability.
- If you no longer work for that employer, you have 10 days from your last day at that job to report an injury or disability related to that job, or your claim may be denied.
- Employers are required to provide reasonable medical treatment to injured workers.
- Employers have the legal right to authorize which doctors an injured worker can visit.
- Injured workers can visit unauthorized doctors, but the insurance company is only required to pay for $500 worth of treatment from medical providers who aren’t authorized.
- Injured employees who qualify workers’ compensation benefits may be eligible to receive 2/3 of their gross average weekly wages as long as that amount does not exceed 75 percent of the state’s average weekly wage at the time of the injury.
If you’ve sustained an on-the-job injury and are denied workers’ compensation benefits or don’t get all the benefits you think you’re entitled to, the lawyers from our Dodge City law firm can help you. Our attorneys know how to advocate for your needs in court and can help you request a hearing with the Kansas Division of Workers’ Compensation. We’ll guide you through the whole process and stand by your side through it all – from beginning to end.
Let Bretz & Young take care of you
If you’re not getting what you need with worker’s compensation – or you aren’t getting anything at all – you need a powerful advocate in your corner to protect your rights and fight for your needs. The workers’ compensation lawyers from our Dodge City law firm are knowledgeable, experienced, insightful, thorough, and professional – and they consider it their duty to treat you with compassion and care. Save yourself the stress and make things easy on yourself. Get an attorney from Bretz & Young as soon as possible. Contact us today for your free consultation.