In 2015 Bretz Injury Law established The Bretz Injury Law Charitable Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation, to continue their community service work into the future.
A portion of the fees from every case which is won by the firm goes toward ensuring that the community is a better and safer place for everyone to live, and toward ensuring that the firm's community service work continues long into the future.
Community service has always been the backbone of Bretz Injury Law. Matt Bretz has served as a member of the Board of Directors for Big Brothers, Interfaith Housing (Board Chairman for one year), TECH (Board Chairman for four years), Friendship Daycare, and Red Cross. He currently is on the Board of Directors of United Way, and served as the Chairperson for the last three years.
Community service is promoted throughout the firm. Bretz Injury Law is proud to have 100 percent participation from staff in the annual United Way campaign, with the highest individual and also the highest per-person contribution of any business in Reno County. Our staff members can be seen at every Red Cross Bloodmobile, serving on a variety of community boards, volunteering at their churches, and serving with organizations such as Communities that Care, CASA, and the Cancer Council of Reno County.
Elementary School Carnival
One of the firm's favorite community events is an annual carnival for an area grade school. Each year we invite all of the students and their families to a free carnival at our office. We provide inflatables and dinner, have a variety of games, and then give away bicycles, scooters and other prizes to provide the students with items to help them stay active during the summer months. In 2015 we gave away 100 bicycles to students at Lincoln Elementary!
Bowling for TECH
Each month Bretz Injury Law sponsors an outing for 50 developmentally disabled individuals from TECH (The Training and Evaluation Center of Hutchinson). TECH clients and volunteers enjoy bowling at the local bowling alley, along with pizza and soda. The outings are scheduled so that every TECH client is eligible to attend at least 6 times per year.
Dolly Parton Imagination Library
The Dolly Parton Imagination Library is a program to foster a love of reading by providing an age-appropriate book every month to every child, from birth to five years old. Bretz Injury Law helps make this program possible in our community by covering the shipping costs for all children in Buhler and Haven school districts. We are excited to announce that so far this program has been credited with improving Kindergarten readiness from just 48% to over 80% in Reno County!
In addition to giving their time, Bretz Injury Law provides meaningful financial support for a number of community organizations. Over the last 25 years the firm has supported:
- Boy Scouts of America
- Boys & Girls Club of Hutchinson
- Cancer Council of Reno County
- Cause for Paws
- Communities that Care
- First Call for Help
- Girl Scouts of the USA
- Hutchinson Community Foundation
- Meals on Wheels
- New Beginnings, Inc.
- Open Door Pregnancy Center
- Reins of Hope
- Reno County Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Reno County Compassionate Friends
- Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Center
- Soroptimist International of Hutchinson
- Training and Evaluation Center of Hutchinson
- Ulster Project
- United Way
- Visions of Hope/Kansas CASA
The firm is also proud to support local schools such as:
- Avenue A Elementary, Hutchinson
- Berean Academy, Elbing
- Buhler High School, Buhler
- Fairfield High School, Turon
- Graber Elementary, Hutchinson
- Haven High School, Haven
- Hutchinson Community College, Hutchinson
- Hutchinson High School, Hutchinson
- Lincoln Elementary, Hutchinson
- Morgan Elementary, Hutchinson
- Nickerson High School, Nickerson
- Prairie Hills Middle School, Hutchinson
- Prosperity Elementary, Hutchinson
- Stafford High School, Stafford
- Trinity High School, Hutchinson