Kansas Slip & Fall Accident Attorneys
Helping You Get Back on Your Fight
Slip and fall or trip and fall accidents can happen without warning. Whether you're walking in a supermarket in Wichita or a restaurant in McPherson, you can slip or trip without warning, causing you to fall and sustain a serious personal injury.
Knowing what to do after a slip and fall accident can be confusing. Many people blame themselves and think there is nothing that can be done to obtain compensation for the accident, no matter how severe the injuries. The truth is that injury victims have rights and deserve to be compensated for medical bills, lost income, and other expenses associated with their accident.
That's why we work so hard on such cases at Bretz Injury Law – and we have the case results to prove it. We have successfully argued multiple slip and fall cases in jury trials. Our attorneys have recovered more than $250 million for injury victims. While not every slip and fall accident is related to a property owner's negligence, many of these types of accidents have grounds for legal action. These claims can be difficult to prove, which is why you should not try to handle them alone.
Please call our firm at (620) 234-8880 or contact us onlinenow.
What are Common Causes of Slip & Fall Accidents?
Slip and fall accidents happen for many reasons in stores, hotels, restaurants, public spaces, offices, and more. Figuring out the exact cause is an important step in showing the validity of your claim.
Some of the most common reasons why slip and fall accidents occur include:
- Wet surfaces: Whether water is left by a janitor on a hotel lobby floor or juice was spilled in a grocery store aisle, such hazardous conditions often result in slip and fall accidents.
- Icy conditions: Snow or ice-covered sidewalks or parking lots in winter in Kansas can be extremely dangerous. That's why property owners have a responsibility to keep such public areas safe and free of such hazards.
- Uneven floors: Dangerous stairs, large cracks in walkways, uneven sidewalk slabs, and unexpected drops from one stair to another are just some examples of dangerous, uneven floors.
- Poor maintenance: Property owners have a legal obligation to maintain public areas. This includes proper lighting, adequate safety, and other similar measures designed to protect the public.
- Neglect: Failing to make routine repairs and regular maintenance to places used by the public (hallways, sidewalks, stairwells, etc.) can result in serious slip or trip and fall accidents.
What Should You Do If Injured in a Slip & Fall Accident?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, let us know if you took these steps:
- Called for emergency help: 911 should be dialed immediately if the slip and fall accident has caused a serious injury. The reports from emergency responders could be great forms of evidence to use in your injury claim later.
- Inform the property owner: Inform the person who owns the property or the management that you were hurt as soon as you can. You don’t want to give them a chance to fix the issue immediately and then deny that anything happened.
- Took pictures: If you have a cell phone camera, use it to take photographs of the accident scene. If you don't, ask someone to take pictures and send them to you.
- Spoke to witnesses: Get witness accounts. Ask for their full names, addresses, and phone numbers. They might have seen more of the scene and understood better what happened.
Call us as soon as possible so we can help you get started on a potential legal claim. We can deal directly on your behalf with property owners, insurance companies, and others responsible for compensating you for your accident, too. You don’t have to talk to them if you assign us as your legal representatives.
Should You File a Slip & Fall Lawsuit?
Sometimes, filing a premises liability lawsuit against the property owner is the best way to obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve. But there's no guarantee you will receive your money if you file a lawsuit.
Often, these cases can be settled before a lawsuit is necessary. We have experience negotiating settlements that are very favorable to our clients. But if the insurance company for the property owner is unwilling to agree to a reasonable number, we are prepared to take a client's case to court.
Let Our Kansas Slip & Fall Attorneys Help You
When you have our slip and fall accident lawyers handling your case, we can take an aggressive approach in pursuit of compensation for your injury. Instead of insurance companies or property owners dictating what happens, you will feel in charge and control. Our job is to thoroughly investigate your case from start to finish. This often includes carefully reviewing inspection reports, maintenance records, your doctor's diagnosis of your injury, as well as visiting the scene of your accident. It is all to secure the most compensation possible in your name!
Call today at (620) 234-8880. Every consultation is free at our Hutchinson, Salina, Wichita, Garden City, Dodge City, Liberal, and Hays law firms. We proudly serve injury victims and their families throughout Kansas and beyond.