Lawrence, KS – Two Injured in Rollover on I-70 near K-10

Lawrence, KS - Two Injured in Rollover on I-70 near K-10

Lawrence, KS (March 12, 2024) – Two people were injured after a single-vehicle accident in the Lawrence area on Monday, March 11. The accident was reported on Interstate 70 EB near K-10 early that morning at around 4:45 a.m. Local reports revealed that a 2017 Chevrolet Cruze was heading eastbound when the driver failed to navigate a curve on the interstate. 

The vehicle left the road where it entered a ditch and overturned after becoming airborne. A 16-year-old Salina passenger was transported to Stormont Vail Hospital in Topeka for treatment. The driver, later identified as 20-year-old Kevin Sanchez-Colonga also from Salina, was reported to have been injured, but there were not reports of him being transported to a hospital. 

Emergency crews were present to render aid. The area was temporarily closed while authorities were present. No further information on the crash is currently available. An ongoing investigation into the cause of the accident is underway. 

Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. We hope for their full recovery.

Rollover Accidents in Kansas

Lawrence, KS - Two Injured in Rollover on I-70 near K-10Any time you are involved in a rollover, it will be a traumatic experience. These types of crashes have become more common in recent years, contributing to more and more fatalities across the country. A total of 7,640 passenger car occupants lost their lives in rollover crashes nationwide in 2021 alone. Statistics show that most of these deaths included unrestrained passengers. About 85 percent of rollovers that result in fatalities involve just a single vehicle, and the remaining 15 percent include two or more. It is important that you are ready to take action to pursue a full recovery with the help of a trained attorney after a car accident. 

Your very way of life can be on the line after a serious crash. You do not want to leave your recovery in the hands of a large insurance provider. A qualified Lawrence personal injury lawyer is ready to help you during this difficult time. Contact the offices of Bretz Injury Law today at 620-524-0080 to get started on your claim. 

Note: The content in this news article concerning an accident is based on information compiled from secondary sources. We have not conducted independent verification of all circumstances related to this incident. If any inaccuracies happen to be found in our publication, we encourage you to contact Bretz Injury Law immediately for rectification. We are committed to updating the article with the most accurate information available. Requests for post-removal will be honored upon notification.

Disclaimer: Our intention in sharing news about accidents is to highlight driving hazards, fostering increased caution among motorists to prevent serious injuries in collisions. Please note that this news post does not constitute a business solicitation. The content herein is not intended to provide medical or legal advice. Additionally, the featured image accompanying this post was not taken at the scene of the depicted accident.

Previous PostNext Post