Scott City, KS – Two Injured in Rollover at US-83 & KS-95

Scott City, KS - Two Injured in Rollover at US-83 & KS-95

Scott City, KS (July 7, 2024) – There were confirmed injuries after a single-vehicle accident in the area of Scott City on Saturday, July 6. The accident took place on US-83 near KS-95 that afternoon around 4:40 p.m. Local reports revealed that a 2024 Volvo truck with a trailer was traveling northbound on the highway at the time of the accident. 

The driver, 41-year-old Brett Daniel Focht of Moulton, IA, pulled over onto the side of the road due to impaired visibility. Heavy winds caused the truck and trailer to overturn onto its passenger side. Emergency crews were rushed to the scene to provide aid to the involved parties. Focht was hurt in the crash and transported by ambulance to Logan County Hospital for the treatment of sustained injuries. A juvenile in the vehicle was also injured, but no information on their condition has been provided. No further updates on the crash are currently available. An ongoing investigation into the cause of the incident is in progress. 

Our thoughts are with the injured victims and their families at this time. We hope for their full recovery.

Rollover Accidents in Kansas

Scott City, KS - Two Injured in Rollover at US-83 & KS-95When you are involved in a rollover crash, it is a terrifying event. In recent years, these kinds of collisions have only become more common, which has led to an increasing number of fatalities nationwide. In 2021 alone, rollover crashes claimed the lives of 7,640 passenger automobile occupants nationwide. The majority of these deaths, according to statistics, were unrestrained passengers. One car is involved in about 85 percent of rollovers that end in fatalities, with two or more vehicles involved in the remaining 15 percent. After a car accident, you must be prepared to take legal action to achieve a full recovery with the assistance of an experienced Scott City personal injury attorney. It can be extremely challenging to navigate the complicated claims process on your own. You need to be sure that you have a qualified lawyer on your side. If you are ready to get to work on your case, contact the offices of Bretz Injury Law today at 620-524-0080. 

Note: The content in this news article concerning an accident is based on information compiled from secondary sources. We have not conducted independent verification of all circumstances related to this incident. If any inaccuracies happen to be found in our publication, we encourage you to contact Bretz Injury Law immediately for rectification. We are committed to updating the article with the most accurate information available. Requests for post-removal will be honored upon notification.

Disclaimer: Our intention in sharing news about accidents is to highlight driving hazards, fostering increased caution among motorists to prevent serious injuries in collisions. Please note that this news post does not constitute a business solicitation. The content herein is not intended to provide medical or legal advice. Additionally, the featured image accompanying this post was not taken at the scene of the depicted accident.

Previous PostNext Post