We Handle Motorcycle Crashes at Intersections
Trust our accident attorneys to move your case forward
Passenger vehicle drivers often fail to show any regard for motorcyclists on Kansas roadways. That's especially true at intersections, which can be particularly dangerous. Some drivers are quick to proceed at an intersection without first looking both ways. Some even fail to yield the right-of-way to motorcyclists.
Why intersections are so dangerous for motorcyclists
Here are the types of intersections and the risks they pose to motorcyclists:
- Four-way intersections with traffic lights: These intersections can be especially hazardous for motorcyclists. Four-way intersections often have multiple lanes intersecting in multiple directions. Drivers can become easily confused and impatient. In many cases, motorcycle accidents are caused by drivers who blow through traffic lights or make left hand turns when a motorcyclist has the right-of-way.
- Four-way intersections with stop signs: These intersections usually only have one lane in each direction, but can still be dangerous for motorcyclists. Drivers may fail to come to a complete stop at a stop sign, or just blow through the intersection altogether.
- Three-way intersections: These intersections involve side-streets. Three-way intersections can have stop signs, traffic lights, or absolutely no devices regulating the flow of traffic. Accidents can occur when passenger vehicles turn either left or right without any regard for oncoming traffic.
The injuries sustained in motorcycle intersection accidents often include:
- Broken bones
- Concussions and other head injuries
- Back, neck, and spine injuries
- Cuts, bruises, and contusions
- Damage to internal organs
Our attorneys can help
When passenger vehicle drivers fail to uphold their duty of care on Kansas roads, a day of riding could take a turn for the worst. Your injuries could be severe enough to require surgery and months of physical therapy. The procedures could be costly. And as medical bills pile up, you may be unable to work and collect a paycheck. A single accident could take a toll on your life - all because of someone else's negligent actions.
If you think the at-fault party's insurance company will simply compensate you for all losses associated with your accident, think again. Even if it can be proven that the driver was 100 percent at fault, his or her insurance company will likely play games with you. They may even make a settlement offer in hopes that you'll take it. However, such a settlement will only cover a fraction of your medical expenses and lost wages. That's not right.
The attorneys at Bretz & Young Injury Lawyers in Hutchinson, Salina, Wichita, Garden City, and Dodge City know how devastating a motorcycle accident can be. You can trust that we will aggressively advocate on your behalf and ensure that you are treated fairly. Contact us today to schedule a free case evaluation, or simply call our law firm at 1-866-881-0103.