Steps to Make a Strong Personal Injury Claim
Useful advice from experienced Kansas attorneys with a proven track record of successful results
If you or a loved one sustains a personal injury in Kansas, you will need guidance from knowledgeable attorneys. Don't try to handle the claim on your own. It's easy to get confused and frustrated by the insurance companies and red tape involved with a claim. We know because the Kansas personal injury attorneys at Bretz & Young in Hutchinson, Salina and Wichita have helped many injury victims and their families get the compensation they rightfully deserve. Overall, we have obtained well over $200 million in settlements or verdicts for our clients. We once settled a wrongful death case for $50 million, and we have had many other recoveries over $1 million for our clients.
Your personal injury case might seem straightforward. The negligent party might admit wrongdoing. Or perhaps the insurance company handling your claim has offered you money for your injuries.
However, most personal injury cases turn out to be much more complicated than people originally expect. That's why it's critical that you do everything you can to build the strongest possible legal case if you or a loved one has sustained a severe personal injury.
What can I do to make my personal injury case stronger?
You can take steps to support your personal injury case. Overall, the most important thing to remember is that evidence builds compelling legal cases. That's why we strongly urge you to take the following steps to strengthen your personal injury claim:
- Obtain a copy of any police reports related to your accident. If a police officer responded to your incident, make sure the report was filled out correctly. We can carefully review the document with you as well to look for any inconsistencies or important evidence.
- Obtain a copy of your medical records if you received treatment for your injury. Here again, we can review your records with you and perhaps even seek the advice of a medical expert.
- Take photographs of relevant evidence.
- Whether it's the dog that attacked your child or the broken hand railing that caused you to fall, take photos of these items as soon as possible. Also, take photos of your injuries as soon as possible to verify the severity of your injury
- Talk to witnesses. If someone saw your accident, his or her testimony could make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case. Make sure you get full names, addresses and phone numbers so you, the police, or an insurance company can contact them later.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor. Even if you feel fine, it's important to chart the progress of your injury and how long you were affected by it. If you are unable to work for several weeks or months, your doctor's diagnosis can improve your ability to obtain compensation from an insurance company.
- Contact our law firm as soon as possible. We have years of experience handling complicated personal injury cases in Lawrence, Manhattan, Wichita and other communities throughout Kansas.
How can Bretz & Young law firm help me with my case?
Gathering evidence to build strong legal cases takes skill, experience and hard work. At Bretz & Young, we possess all these traits.
Injury victims have only one opportunity to get the compensation they deserve for their accident. The decision you make now will determine your future. Contact Bretz & Young in Hutchinson, Salina and Wichita, and discover what we can do for you. Call (866) 881-0103. We offer a free consultation to all potential clients.