Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer in Kansas
Fighting for Injury Victims’ Rights
Distracted driving has become one of the most common causes of car accidents in Kansas in recent years. As more people continue to drive with cellphones and other devices that distract their attention, such accidents have become increasingly common.
If you’re dealing with a car accident caused by a distracted driver, contact Bretz Injury Law as soon as possible. Located in Hutchinson, Salina, Wichita, Garden City, Dodge City, Liberal, Hays, and serving accident victims throughout Kansas, our knowledgeable legal team thoroughly understands Kansas’ distracted driving laws.
Such knowledge and experience enable us to consistently obtain sizable verdicts and settlements for accident victims, including several multi-million-dollar claims. We recovered $50 million in a single wrongful death settlement. Our case results include well over $250 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
Call (620) 234-8880 today to schedule a free initial consultation with our distracted driving accident attorney in Kansas.
What Are the Common Causes of Distracted Driving Accidents in Kansas?
Distracted driving contributes to thousands of Kansas accidents every year. While cell phone distraction is perhaps the most common, other distractions also cause accidents, including activities by the driver such as using electronic devices, applying makeup, reading a newspaper, eating, or dealing with children.
Other common causes of distracted driving accidents include:
- Texting while driving - This is one of the most common - and most dangerous - reasons why distracted driving accidents happen in Kansas.
- Talking on a cellphone - Adults and experienced drivers are allowed to talk on a cellphone while driving in most cities in Kansas. However, that doesn't give drivers the right to operate a vehicle in an unsafe manner while talking on the phone.
- Operating a GPS or navigational device - Even looking away from the road for a few seconds to check directions or type in an address while driving can result in a serious car accident.
- Adjusting the radio - Many drivers don't realize how distracting it can be to do something as simple as changing a radio station while driving, especially during heavy highway traffic, poor visibility, or bad weather.
- Eating while driving - Many drivers eat behind the wheel. And when they do, they sometimes cause accidents because they're paying more attention to their food than to the other vehicles on the road.
Is Texting While Driving Against the Law in Kansas?
Yes. This law was created because numerous studies have found that texting while driving dramatically increases the risk of distracted drivers causing a car accident.
If you believe your accident was caused by a texting driver, we can aggressively investigate your case to determine whether a driver was texting at the time of the accident. Such investigations can be extremely complicated, as many drivers deny texting while driving.
An experienced lawyer can help determine liability. We may be able to examine the driver's cell phone records. Through witness statements and police reports, we can build a compelling case designed to get the results the victim needs.
Protecting the Rights of Car Accident Victims Throughout Kansas
Distracted driving accidents might seem like victimless crimes. The reality is that distracted drivers made a choice to drive and engage in another activity at the same time. This is especially true for texting drivers, who broke the law and put your life at risk.
Were you injured or did you lose a loved one because of a distracted driver? Get in touch with Bretz Injury Law for a fast, free claim analysis. Contact us today and learn how our law firm can help you.