Pedestrian or Bicyclist Hit By a Car
You have rights. We can fight for them. Contact our Kansas pedestrian accident attorneys.
Drivers in Kansas should safely share the road with pedestrians and cyclists. Unfortunately, many drivers ignore the rules of the road and cause serious accidents involving bicyclists and pedestrians in Hays, Salina, Topeka and other communities throughout Kansas.
When these types of car accidents happen, victims hurt through no fault of their own need a strong legal advocate - someone who understands Kansas' legal system and will zealously fight for their rights. Were you or a loved one injured as a pedestrian or bicyclist? Talk to us today at Bretz & Young.
Located in Hutchinson and serving injury victims throughout the state, our law firm has a proven track record of success. We have consistently obtained sizable verdicts and settlements (over $200 million) for victims of bicycle or pedestrian accidents. Read our case results and then call us. Our firm recovered $1.25 million for a bicyclist hit by a car.
In Kansas, pedestrian accidents and bicycle accidents are alarmingly common. And because people on foot or on bikes lack the protection that the enclosed body of a car provides, they can be seriously injured or killed. Unfortunately, many people die every year in these types of accidents.
What should I do if the driver leaves the scene of the accident?
Hit and run bicycle accidents and pedestrian accidents unfortunately happen far more often than you might realize. People flee the scene of the accident for a variety of reasons, including:
- Driving without a driver's license
- Driving without insurance
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Being wanted for an outstanding criminal charges
If a driver crashes into you or your bike and leaves without providing personal information, we strongly urge you to do the following:
- Do not attempt to chase after the driver unless you can do so safely. You could put yourself or others in danger, especially if the driver is wanted for another criminal charge.
- Contact the police immediately and tell them you have been in a hit-and-run accident.
- Try to remember as much as you can about the car and driver who struck you. What color was the car? What make? Was the driver young or old? Also make note of which direction the car was heading after your accident.
- Talk to witnesses. Make sure you get their names, address, and emails. Witness testimony can be critical later on when you are seeking compensation from an insurance company.
- Contact your insurance company and tell them you have been injured in a hit and run bicycle or pedestrian accident. In hit-and-run accidents in which the negligent driver cannot be found, victims may be able to file a claim against their own insurance company.
- Contact our law firm right away. We can deal with everything associated with your accident so you can focus on what really matters - your recovery.
How can Bretz & Young help me with my bicycle or pedestrian accident?
Building a strong legal case takes hard work and dedication. Often, you need solid evidence to prove your case and get the compensation you rightfully deserve. We can be your representative. We can collect evidence and reach out to important expert witnesses. That way, we can present your case to the insurance company in the most effective manner.
We know what to look for and what questions to ask when investigating a bicycle or pedestrian accident. This includes carefully reviewing your accident report, medical records and witness testimony. Every piece of evidence matters. We leave no stone unturned in pursuit of the truth and justice.
Contact Bretz & Young. We're here to help you. Call (866) 881-0103 to schedule a free consultation for a fast, free claim analysis. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can help you win your case.