Wichita KS Ridesharing Accident Attorney
Injured in an Uber accident or Lyft crash? Our car accident lawyer can help.
Wondering what to do after your ridesharing car accident in Wichita? Was your car hit by an Uber driver? Or were you a passenger in a Lyft car involved in a collision? Or perhaps you were a pedestrian or a cyclist hit by a car driven by someone working for another rideshare company? Whatever the circumstances, our Wichita, Kansas rideshare accident lawyers want to help you.
At Bretz & Young, Injury Lawyers, we know what to do because we’ve been doing this work for years. We understand Kansas’s legal system. We know the state and federal laws that apply to ridesharing accidents. We know how to find the facts that matter to build the strongest possible legal case. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success. Our experience, dedication and hard work consistently produces results.
Common causes of ridesharing accidents
Accidents caused by ridesharing drivers can cover a wide range, including:
- Ridesharing driver crashing into another car
- Injured passenger in a ridesharing vehicle
- Ridesharing driver hitting a pedestrian
- Ridesharing driver accident involving a cyclist
- Ridesharing driver involved in accident while not working but while the app was on
So why do these accidents happen? What are the common causes? In our experience, many ridesharing accidents in Wichita or elsewhere happen for the following reasons:
- Distracted driving – Uber and Lyft drivers often try to do a lot of different things at the same time – check their phone for new customers, look for directions while driving, etc. The result is many distracted ridesharing drivers end up causing serious car accidents.
- Driving too fast – Speeding is often a factor in ridesharing accidents. Because Uber or Lyft drivers can make more money if they have more fares during their shift, many drivers race between rides or exceed the speed limit with someone in the car, often resulting in serious speeding accidents.
- Falling asleep at the wheel – Since rideshare drivers are independent contractors and not employees, many work as many hours as they want – and often work far too long and fall asleep at the wheel, causing serious collisions.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol – Drinking and driving, along with operating a motor vehicle under the influence, remains a common cause of many car accidents, including ones involving ridesharing drivers.
You have enough to worry about after your ridesharing accident. You should be focusing on your recovery. We can work with you and take care of the rest.
Rely on us. Contact a Wichita ridesharing accident lawyer at our firm.
Accident-related expenses can add up fast. Depending on the severity of your ridesharing accident, your medical bills, lost income and lost future income due to your crash could total thousands or even millions of dollars.
That’s why it’s critical that you have our legal team on your side, defending your rights. We can investigate your accident and search for the facts that matter. We know how to analyze accident reports. We understand the subtle differences between whether or not the ridesharing app was on or off at the time of the crash.
We can then present this information to the insurance company for the at-fault driver. Many insurance companies agree to work with us. If they refuse to do so, we’re prepared to take them to court and file a ridesharing accident lawsuit against them on your behalf.
You have rights. We can fight for them. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with a Wichita ridesharing accident attorney who delivers results – Bretz & Young, Injury Lawyers. We’re on your side.